Monday, June 10, 2013

Starting Over

Hello!

Today is my first day back at work after a month of self care. Yes, I took some time off to take care of my emotional and mental health after experiencing such devastating news, loss and change. I believe it was time well spent. I'm grateful for everyone who has been so supportive, compassionate, caring and helpful during this time. You really do find out who your real friends are when you are going through something and I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. Parents aren't as bad as we sometimes think when it comes to relationship issues. My mom, stepdad, dad and stepmom have been there for me, loving on me and protecting me every step of the way. I love that I have so many people who love me!

I realized the significance of starting over today. I returned to work, expecting questions about what's going on, why I have been gone for so long, etc. All that would have done is put me back in the place I have worked so hard to come out of. Luckily, no one brought my past hurt back to my face. All I have gotten are smiles and 'welcome back'. It has been very refreshing.

The type of job I do involves having a case load of clients. When I turned on my computer, my caseload was clear. No cases at all. This means I get to start all over. It reminded me that the previous relationship I had has also been wiped out. I get to start all over! It's refreshing to clear out the old and get ready for the new. It's scary at times because you are not really sure what you will get but you are confident from your experiences and 'training', you will be able to handle what comes at you, maybe even better than before.

I have stepped into my 'starting over' stage. It's exciting and a little nerve wrecking at the same time but I'm able to take my time and see things a lot clearer than before. I'm stress-free, I can give the proper amount of attention to the things that need it and I can prioritize things in my life a lot better. I'm starting over and working my way towards greater because GREATER IS COMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment