Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Live For Today!

Good Afternoon!

And a good afternoon it is! You know why? Because we're free! Free to live joyously, happy, in peace and complete contentment with the love of God which sustains us.

Today I have been inspired to live for the present day. Matthew 6:34 reads: Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. So often we focus on the things of the past or worry about what will happen in the future, I'm am extremely guilty of this myself. Today, I make the decision to be where I am today, in the present. I will focus on getting through the present day rather than allowing past hurts, disappointments, failures, even success and accomplishments to  control my heart, mind and emotions, ruining my present day. I will also refrain from getting anxious about my future, what will happen, if certain things will happen, who will come into my life or who will leave. I may have previously mentioned this scripture before, Philippians 4:6 tells us to be anxious for nothing but in all things make our requests known to God through prayer, supplication and thanksgiving (paraphrased). Supplication is a humble petition or request. Anxiety is a sign to pray and give whatever is making us anxious over to God then go about living for the present day.

Psalm 118:24 reads:  This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. Be glad for today!  Rejoice because you woke up this morning. Rejoice because you are breathing, rejoice because you have a new day of mercy and grace to get things right with God, rejoice because you can simply read this post. I find it much easier to live happily one day at a time and to stop rushing the future along. Living for today brings more peace, settles your spirit and just makes the day better and brighter. So I urge you to live for today and today alone and watch how much more rewarding it will be to you mind, body and soul. Each day is a new day, a new chance, and one step closer to that which God has promised you. He knows all the days of our lives before we even live them. With God in charge we can be sure that GREATER IS COMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment