Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hopeless Romantic

Hiya!

So I have been thinking. Thinking about what I want in a guy, how I'd like to be treated, and the type of relationship I want when my Prince Charming makes his entrance into my healed, whole, blessed and happy life. As I thought, I realized I'm a hopeless romantic. I love all the spoiling of one another, attention, affection, support, togetherness, sweet gestures, creative date ideas, etc. I love that 'chick flick', romantic, ooey, gooey, stare into your eyes like there is no one else in the world that matters kind of love. I guess that's just me being a girl.

I don't think it's a long shot though. That type of love really does exist. It even existed in the bible days.  The book of Song of Solomon is a book of love letters. Chapter 1 starts off with:  Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth, for your love is better than wine. 2:4-5 He brought me to the banqueting house and his banner over me was love. Sustain me with cakes of raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am lovesick.4:5 (the man speaking of his woman) Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle, which feed among the lilies. 4:11Your lips, O my spouse, drip as the honeycomb. Honey and milk are under your tongue. That is just a little sample of how Solomon adored his woman and she adored him. I want that Solomon type of love!

Love is not only adoration. Love is a choice, its an action. Love means resisting the temptation of a 'harlot' who continually tries to seduce you or the man that is trying to make an emotional connection with you in order to get into your panties. Love means supporting one another and trying your best to bless one another, emotionally and physically. God know what type of love we desire and I believe He will grant us the desires of our heart as long add we commit our complete selves to Him and allow things to happen in His timing. As I read Song of Solomon, I get excited because I know God is setting it all up. He's showing me through Himself what real love is and how wonderful His love is. God is preparing me for Himself and for my 'Solomon'! If you are humbling yourself to God's will, I believe He is doing the same thing for you, whether you be male or female. Believe it or not... GREATER IS COMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment