Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Your Future is Brighter

Hey There!


As you all may already know, my posts are inspired by my thoughts or my experiences of the past and present. Last night I went to sleep with a song in my head and woke up to it also. It's called "Moving Forward" by Israel Houghton. A lot of people have heard the song. It's very popular. I believe it's also recorded by another gospel artist as well.


Anyhow, we sang the song at church on Sunday and the way Revolution sings it, they include a declaration as sort of another bridge in the song that says this:


My past is the past
My future is brighter
Step by step
I'm moving, I'm moving


That is my favorite part of the song along with the part that repeats, "You make all things new and I will follow you forward". Philippians 3:13-14 reads: Brethren, I do not count myself apprehended; but one thing I d, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Paul is saying he may not have grasped the meaning of his past or understand why some of the things that happened, did happen but he is not going to allow his past to hold him back from moving forward toward his destiny! He's even saying he will forget even the good things that happened, the success that he had. Dwelling on things of the past is not going to help him keep looking ahead to his future.


Sometimes, it's easy to get caught up in reminiscing on the good times, the good feelings, the nice memories we have about things, so much we get stuck and tend not to make forward progression. We know that God's plan is to give us a future and a hope. A future much better than where we currently are and where we have been. You have to know this for yourself, declare it, and proclaim it every single day no matter what.


We have to make the decision in ourselves to forget that which is behind us. Yes, it's hard and it's an ongoing process, but you have to be determined to move forward. When Paul says "forgetting those things which are behind", he uses the present tense of the word forget. It's something that has to be done daily. Let God transform you by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:1-2). Begin to think on good things, true things. Philippians 4:8: Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


So, remember, your future is brighter. Leave the past exactly where it is...behind you. Focus your eyes, heart, and mind forward. Your GREATER IS COMING! Don't give up on it. Keep moving!!


Love you!


Keya



No comments:

Post a Comment