Thursday, April 3, 2014

Yesterday

Good morning to you. It's about 10am where I am. Good day to everyone in different time zones!


I wanted to share a song with you today. It's called 'Yesterday' by Mary Mary. For those of you who don't know, Mary Mary is a gospel singing duo, a couple of sisters who have been very prominent in the gospel arena. Anyhow, there Lyrics are as follows:


I had enough heartache and enough headaches
I've had so many ups and downs
Don't know how much more I can take
See, I decided that I cried my last tears yesterday
Either I'm going to trust you or I may as well walk away
'Cause stressing don't make it better
Don't make it better, no way
See, I decided that I cried my last tears yesterday
Yesterday, oh, yesterday
I decided to put my trust in you
Oh, oh, yesterday, yesterday
I realized that you will bring me through
There ain't nothing too hard for my God, no
Any problems that I have
He's greater, greater than them all
So I decided that I cried my last tears yesterday
Yesterday, oh, yesterday
I decided that I could put my trust in you
Oh, oh, yesterday
I realized that you would bring me through
There ain't nothing too hard for my God, no
Any problems that I have
He's greater than them all
So I decided that I cried my last tears yesterday.
The group has a reality show and this has been one of the songs that they have been singing on their tour during the show this season. One of the sisters is currently dealing with her husband being unfaithful in their marriage, and of course, she is emotionally drained. As I watched the show and listened to them sing the song, I could not help but be reminded of my own situation. The difference with my situation is that God saw the cheater in my guy beforehand and rescued me from the excruciating pain of marrying a man who would eventually humiliate me by having an illegitimate child outside of our marriage. I am more than grateful for God's hand upon my life.
The pain of the situation has greatly subsided, yes, but the last couple of weeks, I found myself thinking about the past. I found myself thinking of the good memories we shared and the good feelings he gave me, then I began to wonder why again. Why would he do this to me? How could he be so cruel and have no remorse? How can he just not care about what we shared for the prior 2 years? Of course as the thoughts began to flow, so did the tears. You know, the battlefield really is in your mind. I realized, because of my thinking, I felt like I was reverting back to where I was almost a year ago; to the very first day of the breakup when my heart hurt the most. I found myself begging God to just help me not to care anymore. I am tired of caring, I am tired of being the one who is hurt while he has moved along happy with his new baby and now family with this woman and her children.
Listening to this song and actually reading the lyrics helped me to realize that I am not trusting the Lord. One line of the song says, "either I'm going to trust you, or I mays as well walk away, cause stressing don't make it better no way". That's absolutely true. My stressing, begging, and crying about it did not help me one bit. Proverbs 3:5 reads: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not to your own understanding. All my why and how questions are me trying to understand. It is our human nature to want to understand but I realize I don't need to understand, I just need to trust! I also need to stay buried in the word of God. Proverbs 16:20 reads: He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.
Again, I will share with you, that which is one of my favorite scriptures; Jeremiah 29:11 which reads: For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says he Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. God plans for me are peace that surpasses all understanding! Philippians 4:7 reads: And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ. Of course, verse six talks about not worrying but instead telling God everything that we need and want in prayer, supplication, and thanksgiving; then the peace will follow.
So, this song, Yesterday, speaks great volumes! I have literally decided that I cried my last tear yesterday. No more! I will trust God and allow his peace to surpass my understanding of anything. I don't have to have understanding if I have His peace! Understanding is irrelevant. Peace is much more valuable. No more tears, no more wondering and questions. God's plans are great for us! I charge you today to make the decision to have cried your last tear yesterday. Or if you have to let today be your yesterday, tomorrow cry no more.
There is peace for you. There is strength for you. There is hope for you. There is a future for you. And most of all....THERE IS GREATER FOR YOU! Leave the past where it is and look ahead because your GREATER IS COMING!
Love you! *mwah*

No comments:

Post a Comment