Monday, May 27, 2013

Looking Ahead

Hi there!!!

OK, so I know I'm a little late with the post but technically it's only 11:24pm in L.A. right now so I'm still getting one in before the day ends ;-).

It's my last night here in sunny California then it's (singing) back to life, back to reality. I had a great time. It was the perfect change of scenery. A bit advice: when you experience a devastating event in your life, make sure to take care of yourself, mind, body and soul. Just bottling things up like they never affected you makes things worse and takes a toll on you physically and emotionally. With the recent events that occurred in my life, it was a must I take care of myself. Especially with the type of job I do. So don't be ashamed to make sure you're well because there is only one of you and you should want to be the best you that you can be!

Anyhow, my day was beautiful. I spent the day at Santa Monica pier, peacefully watching the tide roll in, did some walking around the 3rd street promenade and stumble into a Tiffany & Co. store. Lord, Lord, Lord! The saleswoman was nice enough to allow me to try on different rings in the store. I tried on a $89,000 ring, which had to be tried on in a private room! I tried on other beautiful rings but I fell in love with that one! I was on cloud nine for the rest of my day!

Trying on those rings opened my eyes to something. I have something to be excited about. I have something to look forward to. Letting go of the past and the person that hurt you is not always easy but letting go opens the door for something even better! God will give you the desires of your heart. He's going to give me the desires of my heart!  Don't get me wrong, my heart's desires are not $89,000 wedding rings but I have made my petition to God of what I want and how I want to be treated.

People often see starting over as scary but it can also be exciting! Be excited for the new. Be excited for what God has planned for you. Be excited that old things have passed away and all things are new! I know that GREATER THINGS ARE COMING and I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment