Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Forgiveness: Not Just For Those Who Hurt You.

Good day to all!

I pray that all is well with you. I can honestly say things are better with me. I have been allowing God to work things out of me and I have been paying close attention to what's going on in my heart right now. Today I want to talk about forgiveness and it's effects on each party involved.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been immersed in the presence of God though worship and prayer. I have also been studying the word of God on what I am dealing with. Forgiveness is at the forefront of my mind right now. Honestly, God has been working a lot faster than I thought He would. I have been able to forgive and really release all my unforgiveness, anger and whatever else that was not positive. I will say I may sometimes have thoughts of what I could have done or what could possibly happen to the people who hurt me as "karma" but when I have those thoughts, I cast them down in the name of Jesus and I pray positive things over those people.

I want to share my current experiences with forgiveness right now. But before I do that, I want to share what the word says about the character of  the New Man in Christ. Colossians 3:12-17 reads as follows:

Therefore as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things, put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him

Now I don't know about you, but this passage really speaks to me and encourages me so much. If Jesus had not forgiven me, I would be toast! We are charged to forgive just as Jesus forgave us. Trust me when I say this is not as easy as it sounds when you try to do it in and of yourself but with the help of God, it can be done and it can be the most rewarding thing for YOU! Forgiveness releases not only those who hurt you but it releases you as well. You will feel a weight lifted off of you. I guarantee you will experience the peace of God in your heart just like the scripture reads. You will be able to thank God for bringing you out of a place of anger and bitterness because those are no places to be. Your happiness lies in your forgiveness. Your ability to forgive and really let it go will open up a door for God to get in, heal and bless you!

I decided early to forgive. Since I made that decision and really let it go and began to pray for my offenders. God has been restoring joy to my heart. I feel His comfort even more! I am able to pray with a pure heart. I no longer wish suffering on those who hurt me but I sincerely pray for their souls and that God work on their behalf. I will share that I still have tough times but that is not due to me being angry or upset but rather the human nature to miss a person, love does not just disappear. I am now in a position that the love I have transforms into the love of Christ so that I am not tempted to go back to what is obviously toxic to my heart. This part is difficult but that is when God's grace comes in and keeps me.

This may have been the worse thing that has ever happened to me aside from losing a sibling to suicide many years ago BUT GOD got me through and He continues to carry me through as He will do for you! Things may seem rough now, you may cry everyday but cry out to God. Tell Him how you feel and be honest. If you feel like stabbing a person in the heart because yours hurt so much, tell Him! He knows your heart anyway. The word says to come boldly to the throne of God, cast your all of your cares upon Him. He can handle it all, trust me. Allow God to mend your tender heart and restore all that you feel has been lost. He will bring you to a place where forgiveness is so heavy on you that you can't take it anymore and you have to forgive and let go. I'm telling you, it will be the best thing you could ever do for your heart and for your future!

Believe it or not, but this too shall pass and GREATER IS COMING! In fact, GREATER IS ALREADY HERE! RECEIVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment