Friday, June 19, 2020

Keto Diary: Day 19

I have now completed over two and a half weeks on the Keto Diet. It has actually been a blast trying out different recipes. 

So, here is an update...

Week 1: I lost 3 pounds. I was drinking a gallon of water a day, eating a bunch of eggs and had even drank protein shakes when I could not get a meal in and intermittent fasting. I also worked out maybe 3 days out of the week.

Week 2: I lost 5 pounds. I calculated my macros this week using the Carb Manager app and realized I was taking in way too much protein so my body was burning that over fat the first week. I cut the protein and amped up my bacon intake. I also cut the water to half a gallon. I noticed my ankles swelling and the less water I drank, they stayed normal so I assume I retained water. I did not work out at all besides walking through the grocery store as I shopped for groceries for my job and I started taking Keto Drops that help with burning fat. I also continued with the intermittent fasting.

These few weeks have been good. Not always easy, as I craved some junk food but, I found alternatives that curved my cravings. I also had a couple yummy keto friendly meals that were so delicious and satisfying (fathead dough pizza and low carb pancakes). Photos below!

So after 2 weeks, I am down 8 pounds. I didn't measure inches at the beginning (which I should have) but I am taking weekly photos and can tell a difference). Now, to finish out week three and keep going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment