Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's Not The End!

Today, my heart is going out to all of those who have experienced heart ache and hardship, disappointment and utter embarrassment from a dysfunctional or broken relationship. As I share my story; my life. As I make myself as transparent as possible to others, they are letting down their guards and become comfortable with sharing their story with me! I am ever so grateful and honored that my story is helping others release. It's one thing to talk to your friends or family about your problems or about how wrong you were done or what you experienced in your relationship, but to open up to a complete stranger because you felt a connection is absolutely amazing! It helps you release the issue in a completely different and liberating way. It is always encouraging to know that you are not the only one who is going through or has gone through such devastating events. It's not a matter of misery loving company but rather misery being understood and empathized with. People who haven't been through it cannot really connect like a person who has. I am elated that I can be that person! I send my sincerest gratitude out to all of you who have shared your story with me, be it privately or publicly.

Now, I want to share what has been in my heart. When we go through these devastating times it can be very hard. We cry, we scream, we feel like we are at our very worst. We want anything to relieve the pain. We feel as though our life is over! How can I go on from here? This was the very worst thing that could have ever happened to me! Why me? I can't take it! Honestly, I have said all of these things. I have felt the exact way that I just described and I am sure many of my hurt sisters and brothers have felt the same. Truth is, your life (my life) is over...as you knew it! Don't look at is at a bad thing because it's not the end!

Although it may feel like the end, I want to share something with you. Isaiah 43 reads, Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I do a new thing; now it shall spring forth... I will even make a way in the wilderness , and rivers in the desert. (Paraphrased a bit).

You know, one day, I woke up and realized what the word "past" meant. I realized that it means anything that is not happening in the present. Everything that happened 30 seconds ago is over and in the past. I cannot get it back, I cannot go back and change it. It's gone. It's over. Forget about it!! What is the point in mulling it over again when the moment is gone?? Once I came to that realization, things began to get a lot easier. I was able to look forward more than backwards. As I mentioned before, it's all a process.

In regards to what was said in Isaiah, it is clear evidence that it is not the end! God said forget about what happened in the past! He said don't even think about how it used to be! You know why? Because He is doing a new thing...IN YOU!!! He is working some things out for you! For me too! All we have to do is continue to look ahead to Him. Making a decision to turn your back and walk away from something that does not glorify God is not a feat taken lightly by the Lord. You will be blessed for your obedience and God will restore to you 100 fold all that the enemy thought he stole!

That scripture says, NOW it shall spring forth! If anybody is getting excited about that, it's me! He didn't say in a little while, he didn't say 5 years from now, 10 years from now. HE SAID NOW! It is not the end! God is doing a brand, spanking, new thing! I know it can feel like you are just left alone and desolate in hard times but He said He will make a way in the wilderness! He will make a way in your lonely times, during your times when you feel like no one really understands. God is there and He is preparing a way for you. He will make a river in your desert! He will send you a refreshing when you feel all dried up and weak! (I am about to shout myself in my room because that just blessed me!)

Praise Your Holy Name Oh God! Thank You for ministering to me in the midst of my ministering to others! I am so undeserving! Thank you for my refreshing!!

I just had to take a moment and worship the Lord for His divine word and illumination! I just wanted to remind you or maybe even tell you for the first time...IT IS NOT THE END! God is doing a NEW thing! Leave the stuff that happened 30 seconds ago or as far as 30 years ago where it is, IN THE PAST. Think on it no more but instead, get excited for the new thing that is springing forth! You're walking forward, right into your destiny!

GREATER IS COMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment