Thursday, October 13, 2016

Remember Your Glory

Have you ever looked back at some of your photos from a couple years back and realize you're pretty darn dope?! Not in a conceited, braggadocious kind of way, but you recognize the royalty on yourself, on your life?

For a long while, with all the challenges in life and different transitions, I lost sight of how awesome I am. How beautiful I am, how successful I am, and how I am ABOVE average. I've never accepted nor have I ever been mediocre and I never will be. I can remember, a long time ago, one of my friends looked at me and said, "you just look rich!". That's the way I should and will try to always look! I grasped, back on 2012, the fact that I can look like now, what I know God is taking me to later. Another thing that reminded me of my heavenly royal appearance was that once, I worked at McDonald's for a summer. When some of my friends and even family members found out, they could not believe it and literally had to come lay their eyes on me in action in order to believe it. They said, "that's not the type of job I see Keya working". Not that there is anything wrong with fast food. I actually learned a great deal about how to work under pressure while at McDonald's. It's just that when God places a glory on your life, even those around you will be able to recognize it without even really knowing what they see!

Call me bougie, sadiddy, stuck up, whatever you want but I know that's not who I am. I am a child of the King which means I'm a princess. I walk with my head high and know without a doubt I'm well taken care of. I have the best, my family has the best and we will live gratefully and confidently in what God has already prepared for us. You should too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment